If you find yourself stressed each day, it’s possible you’re in a toxic work culture.
When in this kind of environment, the unsatisfying feeling is most likely is to affect work ethic, personal relationships and overall morale.
Acknowledging whether or not we do operate in a toxic work environment is the first step to changing our circumstances, even if that means making the decision to leave for the betterment of our career.
Below there’s a list of the common signs that will emerge from a toxic workplace. The solution? In most cases : move away.
1) Toxic Leaders Within the company.
2) The values do not live in the company culture.
3) No fear Of Leaving your job.
4) Spending all energies to defend the work you’re delivering.
5) Poor communication is just the tip of the iceberg.
6) There’s no transparency and trust amongst workers.
7) CEO will not do anything to change company issues and leadership team is lacking integrity.
8) Your professionalism and high standards are viewed as a threat and not as an added value.
One thing is to work for a toxic manager , but it is a whole different thing to work in a toxic work culture. When we are seeing leaders across the business acting in a toxic manner, it’s time to find a new job. Toxicity spreads like a virus in a company, if left unchecked. It will tear down the company and eventually, the company will fail.